24 September 2006
Guidelines 27 - 30
27. You shall not blame the government for a NATURAL disaster.

Because if the government was to blame then it wouldn't be natural, now would it? That would be a MAN made disaster (and most governments are but that is BESIDES the point). So if people can start blaming the hurricane on Bush (and believe me, even though I voted for him, I am not exactly thrilled with him this term) then I can blame Michael Moore for bad bowling shoes and the high price of chicken and beef. After all, a man of his stature must really break down bowling shoes and we all know he is consuming large amounts of beef and chicken. Thus making my life uncomfortable.

28. You *can* judge a book by its cover (if you read it).

So last night my family and I went to Hastings on our way home from PetSmart and eating dinner at Golden Corral. I love to look at the bargain books. I've gotten some great books for great prices that way. One of my co-workers gave me a small list because she knows I like Hastings. If I find a book she is looking for she reimburses me for it. The first thing I see is a "For Dummies" book. It was on Word! For a buck fifty, I snapped it up. We get home and I take it out of the bag. I was in such a hurry at Hastings, I failed to read the cover. Word 2002 Para Dummie - Soluciones Practicas para Todos!

Huh... Yeah..

So I brought it to work anyhoo and gave it to D. She was so excited! Then she read the cover!! ROTFLOL We don't speak Spanish!

So the good news is that I only spent a buck fifty...and the better news is that someone else in the building wants to buy it from me! ha ha ha!!

29. You shall not make your children sleep in a cage.

Okay, do I really need to explain why this is bad and wrong? They are children. They are not puppies.

Example of Natural Stupidity.

Alright boys and girls, it's time to add something new to enhance your learning experience. From now on, when a public figure makes a stupid decision we might just list them as an example of natural stupidity (although sometimes I wonder if their stupidity IS natural or if it is a talent they keep developing). To read about today's example, visit my other blog
and look for the title, "Big Mistake Mr. Mayor."

30. You shall not throw food at a police officer.

I am a firm believer that senior citizens deserve our respect. After all, most of them worked hard to build the society that we live in. However just because one has worked hard to build society doesn't give an individual the right to assault an officer of the law with chicken wings and a 2 liter bottle of Coke.

Besides, with everything becoming more and more expensive one ought to be thankful that one can afford chicken wings and Coca Cola when there are other elderly people out there that have to eat dog food to afford their medication. (I feel like my grandmother giving the, "starving children in third world countries" speech...)
posted by -atomik kitten @ 12:38 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here I am trying to catch up with everything I missed the past few weeks/months, and I tune in to your brand-spankin new site (well, not anymore), and it feels like deja vu. Took me a while to figure out that you've uploaded some of your laws here. Anyhoo, here's a stupid point that I'm not sure I've brought up before, but it's the instant answer to the starving third world children argument.

    Whether you eat the food or throw it away, the kids are still starving. (Sounds cold, but the latter opinion does not express the views of this comment's author)

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    You are completely right. However, I've hesitated since about 1999 about joining anything such as Feed the Children...I realized that more oney goes to the org than to the families. So Now, I find a needy family and just buy them groceries or give groceries to a local food pantry.

    I am so glad you are here. Yes, I am adding both blogs over here. Like the template? I have a doozy of a topic later that might generate some hate mail. LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates