21 September 2006
Well...monkey butts...
Okay, so this is for me. Shall I tell you about my week starting LAST Friday? I woke up at 5:30 AM, got the boys ready for school, they caught the bus at 6:40...I went on to work. When I got home that night, we jumped in the car and drove 170 miles to Arlington to go be able to go to Six Flags. We got there about 11 that night. The Cop Magnet was sick. The boys took the King size bed and we slept on the floor because the fold out bed was crap.

Saturday, we were up by 7. We ate breakfast and we were at the gates by 9:00 in the morning. We were there until about 2. I rode most of the rides with the boys since The Cop Magnet was sick. I drove most of the way home (he drove the first twenty or thirty miles). When we got home, I started laundry, went to the grocery store, cooked dinner, did the dishes and want to bed about midnight. The three boys had me up by 7 on Sunday. So, I got my Sunday School lesson ready, did the laundry, gave all three kids a bath (rather insured that they took them), went to church (church is at 2), taught the pre-school class, left around 4 something, went back to the store, came home and ate dinner, did another load of laundry, and went to bed about 10. Okay, repeat that for the last three days and add one ladies meeting, two papers, one quiz, two classes, helping kids with homework, a sick husband, and an abscessed tooth.

I was finally able to go to the dentist today. I have an abscess (which I knew). He prescribed an anti-biotic and Darvocet. I said fine but I wasn't going to fill the darvocet because the tooth doesn't hurt. The nurse came and took my blood pressure. Okay, for the record I am 5'4 and 123 pounds (I gained two pounds)...my blood pressure is typically VERY low (think 90 something over 30 something). My blood pressure was 186/113. I told her there was no way that could be right! Just NO WAY!! So she waited about five minutes and came back (this is one of those digital cuffs). It read as 169/108. So then I got to go see my doctor. I called and told them (since I have Lupus). My BP has only been high two other times. It went up when my dad died but I was sick and my mother was stoned out of her mind. The other time was when I had heart trouble before I had surgery. I wanted to go in Saturday which was met with a hearty, "You must be insane as well as hypertensive...get your butt in here."

So, back to Noble I went with DS1 in the back. When I got there they took me straight back. It started to come down and eventually it was down to 130/90 which is still high (for me). I told him about the dentist. He asked me if I was afraid of the dentist. I am but not THAT afraid. He didn't DO anything other than look at my tooth. He asked me if I have a high pain tolerance...well let's explore that:

1995 - broke hand by punching a wall and breaking the stud. I didn't go to the doctor for a week because it didn't hurt. It did hurt when they rebroke it. I was 16 almost 17.

1996 - jumped down a flight of steps to get over a baby gate to get to my niece who was about two or three at the time and she was hurt or something. Busted my knee up pretty good but didn't go to the doc until it started swelling.

1998 - 8 hours of hard labor (not to mention the previous day before in labor) with no pain medication. Natural child birth, no f-bombs or any other unsavory words, and only squeezed the nurse's hand so hard I broke it.

2002 - needed to have my foot broke to have a metal bar put in it. No crutches and no pain meds. Had heart surgery and woke up during surgery. It hurt but no crying.

Get the picture? Okay, so I guess I do have a high pain tolerance. He said that my BP is up because I am in pain and don't realize it and yes I was going to have the pain med filled and I was going to take it or he was going to call The Cop Magnet. Tattle tale.

He also told me I had to go home and do nothing which sucks because I was supposed to teach children's church tonight and had some awesome games planned. sniffle

So here I am...wired up from darvocet (did I mention that most pain medications including morphine during surgery make me hyper?) and just feeling like crap.

The Cop Magnet is out trying to fix the Z. DS3 is running the house in his undies. DS1 is watching cartoons. Dumb dog is here at my feet. Fat Cats are around somewhere. I am feeling bad (as in depressed) because now I can't vacuum, do the dishes, or finish the laundry. Yes, I know The Cop Magnet is perfectly capable of doing that but when I want it done, I want it done NOW.

Big Baldy (my brother that is six years older than me) is in AZ (he's an OTR driver, 6'4" and about 260 pounds) is mad at me. He found out about my non-stop going. I got "the lecture".

Sigh. Cheer me up already.
posted by -atomik kitten @ 6:53 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God is still running the show and you're still breathing.... does that help? :-)

    Sorry you had a bad week, I'm praying that it gets better. Sounds about like my week as well. Man, depression must be going around lately lol.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Depression isn't really the right word. I just feel kind of blah.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates