17 March 2007
Things I've learned living in Oklahoma
  • Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air. Asleep 3
  • There are 5000 different snakes and 4998 live in Oklahoma. Snake 3
  • There are over 10,000 kinds of spiders. All 10,000 are in Oklahoma. Plus a couple no one's ever seen before. Spider
  • If it grows, it sticks. If it crawls, it bites.
  • Onced and twiced are words.
  • It aint a shopping cart. It's a buggy.
  • People actually grow okra and eat it.
  • Fixinto is a word.
  • There is no such thing as "lunch". There is dinner and then supper. Eat
  • Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you turn 2.
  • Yes, most of us do like a little tea with our sugar.
  • Backwards and forwards means "I know everything about it" Nerdy Guy.
  • Djeet is slang for "Did you eat?"
  • You don't have to wear a watch cause it don't matter what time it is. Cuckoo Clock
  • You work til your done or until it's too dark to see.
  • You measure distance in minutes.
  • You have to sometimes switch between the heat and the AC on the same day.
  • You use fix as a verb. "I am fixing to leave for the store."
  • You carry jumper cables for your own car.
  • The local paper has one page for international news and six pages devoted to local sports.
  • The first day of hunting season should be considered a holiday.
  • You find 100 degrees F., just a little warm. Hot
  • The four seasons are Almost Summer, Summer, Ice, and Christmas.
  • Wal-Mart is a favorite past time. It is known as Wal-Martin' or going to Wally World.
  • The first time the weather hits 70 degrees or below, you call it a cold snap and start up a pot of beans.
  • Carbonated beverages are Coke. Coca-cola
  • Catfish is the other white meat. Fishing
  • We don't need driver's ed. If mama says we can learn to drive, we learn to drive. Swerving
  • Sorry not everyone can be an Okie...It's an art form and a gift from God.

Labels:

posted by -atomik kitten @ 3:27 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates