14 December 2006
Thirteen Things About My Life Lately...
1. When I first married in to this family, I was the side show freak. Now I'm the normal one. How messed up is that?

2. My extended family (on both my side and my husband's side) is beginning to resemble an episode of The Jerry Springer Show.

3. I'm getting meaner with my old age. It seems I can't tolerate child neglect and emotional abusive butt-wads quite as well anymore. It makes me testy and sometimes physically aggressive toward the neglector (is that a word?) or abuser.

4. DS1 figured out how to make fart noises with his arm pits. That's a talent that will take him far in life.

5. DS3 wore his hair spiked up like a mo-hawk for the church Christmas dinner. The look on most of the faces was priceless - but those that really know us know that it isn't that big of a deal. His hair isn't CUT like that...he just keeps it spiked like that.

6. DS2 is in second grade but testing on a third grade third month math level. Not too bad for a kid that the schools want to label a problem child.

7. I just found out Sunday that I am supposed to do a nativity scene with the toddler class. The good news is our two year old version of Mary not only knows the words of Away in a Manger but also the hand motions. The bad news is, since I found out very last minute I don't know what to do about costumes. DS3 isn't very excited about this. He was excited about being a shepherd but thought he would only be saying, "Unto you a child is born." Apparently, that's been changed to a very long verse where he talks to the angel (who is a four year old with a speech problem). Can I scream now? Oh, and this is supposed to take place this Sunday.

8. I still haven't started my Christmas shopping.

9. I am getting sick of using the words, "I am not an attorney" and "No, I cannot give you legal advice". Look, just because I am getting a BS in Paralegal Studies and seem to have no problem researching laws, statutes, etc and Shepardizing them doesn't make me qualified to give you advice. I don't need to be charged with UPL - leave me alone. Now, if you want to pay for me to attend Law School and support me while I go - I might think about it.

10. I am starving and ready for lunch. I am part of an online group for Apostolic Pentecostals that support / want / need healthy (healthier) eating habits. I am doing pretty good. I was doing Sparkpeople. I started there in like April of 2006 and was weighing in at 136. It got to be a lot of trouble (hassle really) to post my weight, track my water, etc... My friend started the other group. I enjoy it, but I hate that a lot of the members (and you know who you are and I've said it in the group too) think that they should wait until after the holidays. Why? So you have MORE weight to lose? If you can control yourself now, you can do it all year. I am down to 118. I seem to have hit a plateau. I've been at 118 for about a month. My goal is 115 so I guess that isn't too far off. I've noticed big differences - I don't have dimples in my hips anymore!

11. The Little Miss and her parents will be here for Christmas. They should be in this weekend. I am looking forward to that. I don't know if she can sit through it but I plan on taking DS3 to see Charlotte's Web. I might snatch her and bring her with. DS1 wants to see Eragon so I might see if his Auntie will go with him and I'll take the little ones.

12. I finished reading Saints and Sinners by Eileen Dreyer. I have one word for you: WOW. Okay more words: that was, quite possibly the best book I've read. If you love mystery books, go to Sprawl-Mart and get that one. I read it in about two days.

13. Just to complete the trailer trash image you probably already have of me...I walked into the house (trailer) last night only to hear Jeff Foxworth's 12 Redneck Days of Christmas...and my kids singing along.
posted by -atomik kitten @ 11:27 AM  
21 Comments:
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Interesting stuff.

    Have a happy Thursday!

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said…

    Sounds like DS2 is gifted and bored... I had this same problem last year. No, he's not a problem child. He's bored out of his skull!!!!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger K said…

    Sounds like you have an interesting family... so do I!

    Good luck with your little Christmas nativity play.

    A great list!!

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    There's no doubt in mind that he is bored. That, and just has no discipline. His bio-mom would rather placate him with medicine than teach him self-control. Sad but true.

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said…

    Sounds like your family is interesting and fun! Good luck to the kids in the Christmas play. People need to get over the mohawk. When I was 13 I shaved half my head. That's what kids do. I like Jeff Foxworthy's version of the 12 days:) Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful Thursday!

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah for you on the weight loss - I lost about 25lbs this year - have gained 3 back for a total of 21 - I am NOT complaining but I do need to kick it in gear....

    I played too

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Go mohawk boy, go!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love your T13! And, love Jeff Foxworthy. Happy Holidays & thanks for stopping by!

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My husband was really smart, especially with math and he got to the point where the teachers couldn't give him a math book that matched his aptitude. He got into trouble quite a bit too.

    I'm sorry to hear about your crazy family...that kind of stuff really is bothersome this time of the year isn'it?

    My 13 are up.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Chickadee - come back!! I can't get to your blog.

    Anyhoo, thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    Your list made me laugh. Especially #13!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Colleen Gleason said…

    Ha ha! Great list. Good luck with the pageant. You're gonna need it. :-)

    I think Eileen Dreyer is one of the funniest women I've ever had the pleasure to meet (albeit briefly) and she is an excellent speaker. I haven't read any of her books for awhile, but I have a few on my shelf--including HEAD GAMES. Have you read that one?

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger An Ordinary Mom said…

    Congrats on the weight loss!

    I hope you get a chance to enjoy the holidays. Sometimes it is so hard to slow down. Good luck!

    And, BTW, thanks for visiting my site!

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Colleen -

    I haven't read Head Games but I want to. I have this thing...I will usually read a book by an author and if it is good, I'm afraid to read anything else...for fear it will be terrible. LOL However I am going to make an exception to my rule. :)

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok, so you stole my family!

    Yes, members of my family do show up at the reunion with different partners each year. You just never know who is going to show up.

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger My Busy Life said…

    Great TT, thanks for stopping by my blog too.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Could be worse. I've walked into my trailer and found Jeff Foxworthy eating up all of those Christmas Cookies I baked last weekend.

    Well??? They had to have gone somewhere!! Jeff's a good scapegoat.

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Christie O. said…

    great list! my cousin had a mohawk for the longest time, it was a great look for him! happy tt (a little late!)

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    thanks for letting us get to know you a bit more..I cant wait to read more of your blog. great blog

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said…

    When we did this at church last year, we made judicious use of long t-shirts, and I bought remnant fabric and ribbon from Sprawl-Mart to tie around the kids' hair and waist.

    For my 6 and 8 year-olds shepard costumes, I put them in turtlenecks then Adult small t-shirts. I tied the waists with the ribbon remnants and then draped the remnant fabric over their heads and tied it off with more remnant ribbon. Bathrobes were another alternative moms used. For a younger/smaller group of kids, you could probably use youth medium or large t-shirts to the same effect as I did the adult small shirts. The turtlenecks make up for the gap effect around the neck. Good luch with the pageant and great list this week!

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Thanks for the info, Melessa. They (the people in charge of the play) decided to use bathrobes. That works for me. Anyway, guess I better go wash my hair and finish making the black forest cake.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates