04 December 2006
21 Days Until Christmas
Have you started shopping yet? I haven't. My mom said she's done some of her shopping. Every year it is just more difficult to get into that "Christmas Spirit" because (a) I don't like seeing Christmas stuff in September and (b) it is so commercialized. Yes I realize that B is practically the same thing as A. I know it really shouldn't matter because I know and am teaching my children about the true meaning of Christmas. But it still just really irritates me.

How was everyone's weekend? The storm we got was pretty freaky. Wednesday night started the sleet, thunder, and yes even some lightening. I was thrilled that schools were closed and my boss called. We didn't have to come in Thursday or Friday. By Wednesday night, this "cold" of mine started getting worse. I had no voice by Thursday and went in to see the doctor. I am not recovering from Strep throat. Merry Christmas to me.

The Cop Magnet got a new monitor this weekend. Now we need to find some place to refurb the old one.

Ummm...I guess that's about it.
posted by -atomik kitten @ 10:22 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    I ain't shopping. I made ornaments for a few people and I'll mail out a few cards. Then I'll order something off of Amazon for Katie to be delivered here. Santa only brings presents made out of wood. I'm thinking of getting her an easel this year. Then a few books or DVD from Amazon for her from us and Jon a few of those used video games they have for .01 cents. That's it for me. =O)

    Christmas stressing stinks.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said…

    I did some shopping just before Thanksgiving and now I'm glad I got it out of the way. I'm not a fan of Christmas decorations in September either or Christmas music before Thanksgiving. (Not that my two favorite radio stations care.)

    I also enjoyed reading your archives during our snowy 'exile.' I'm glad I came across your Thursday 13.

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Well you know what I got as a Christmas present LOL. I still love this time of the year and will always love it. It's always fun watching the little guy help me decorate and back those gingerbread cookies. Call me sentimental, but I love Christmas and all it's commercial appeal.

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Girl, I am so so sorry about that (even as much as I had a personal vendetta against them). Any prospects?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates