28 November 2006
Thanksgiving Part II
A little while later, my two younger cousins ages 14 and seven are at my house...then (in case I didn't say it in the last post) The Little Miss's parents come over too.

By this time, I've already made the rolls, the peach cobbler, and the chocolate cake layers for the black forest cake. The cake layers sunk in the middle because The Cop Magnet and the kids went stomping and rough housing through the house. No big deal though (I thought) because they'd be covered by frosting.

So my 14 year old cousin watched me melt down almond bark and add chocolate chips to it to make Dalmation bark. I guess everyone finally went to bed around 1 or 2 in the morning.

Seven year old cousin is up by seven and wakes up my boys plus me. Not too big of a deal since we had to run to Sprawl-Mart anyway. We went and got dough nuts, heavy whipping cream, and some other junk. Once we get home, he takes two bites out of his dough nut and declares he's full (same kid that whined all the way to the store, in the store, and all the way home about how hungry he was).

The boys went out to play and then came in to draw since they realized it wasn't even after 8 in the morning and it was still cold out (we had just come in - don't ask me why they had to go out and do that). I made the frosting for the black forest cake, got it all frosted, whip creamed, and cherried. I put it in the ice box (which can freeze eggs) and went to wake up my other cousin and husband to show them my cake... That took about 10 minutes.. We all go to the ice box and guess what? It melted. It was EVERY WHERE. Not too big of a deal, I tell myself, I'll just fix it when we get to my MIL's.

While The Cop Magnet took his shower, I went on over and took the kids to my in laws'. Then I went back to get him (with 14 year old cousin still with me so she can hold the cake on the second trip). We stopped by storage to get our volley ball net and croquet (I typed crochet twice before finally typing croquet) set out.

Part III coming soon!
posted by -atomik kitten @ 8:08 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates