18 October 2006
Wednesday Mind Hump
1. What's the longest distance you've ever traveled?

By car...let's see...about 13 hours. That is the equivalent of going from Noble, Oklahoma to Biloxi, MS. That was done twice. Once was in July or August 2001 to see The Cop Magnet while down at Keesler for Tech School. The second time was with DS1 who was three at the time to pick up The Cop Magnet from Tech School.

2. What's the longest distance you've ever walked?

I don't know how far it was because I was only four. Big Baldy and I walked from our parents' house on one side of El Reno, OK to our great-grandmother's house on the other side of El Reno when our mother was stoned out of her gourd. I don't remember where dad was - with him there's no telling. Now that I think it over, it was probably about seven miles. It was dark out which is why it felt alot farther. My brother is five years older than me so he would have been about a year older than DS1. That's kind of scary to think about...a nine year old being responsible for his 4 year old sister's safety as you trek across town to a safe place to sleep. That was approximately...1981 or 1982.

3. How far away is the friend/relative who lives the longest distance from you?

My farthest blood relative is in Maryland. That would be my gay uncle. My farthest friend...well that would depend on the definition of the word friend. People that I actually know or people from online. People I actually know - that would be in Nebraska. People online would probably be someone in Rhode Island.
posted by -atomik kitten @ 9:38 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Margaret said…

    My furthest relative bridged by the notion of time and space would probably be the souls of Adam and Eve.

    I wonder what has become of them?

    On another note here is a link to a popular woman's periodical. I've heard through the grapevine that they are getting a bad rep because many of their article contributers are braburners and babykillers. It lacks in the diversity due to a severe lack in the conservative voice.

    And they want to equal out their readership and are looking for articles to be submitted by You!

    Yeah, YOU! The Practical Chick.

    Thinketh upon it and pray!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Oh yeah? I might just have to check that out.

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahhh a girl from my neck of the woods. I know exactly where Keesler is! Grew up in Southern Louisiana.

    Thanks for stoppin by my blog and welcome to the Mind Hump.

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Caylynn said…

    Wow - your story in #2 is scary to think about.

    Welcome to the Mind Hump, and thanks for stopping by. :)

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger meowminx said…

    Welcome! :) That #2 was scary indeed!
    Mine's up :)

    http://www.meowminx.com/babygem

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger KK said…

    Ok, your blog has me sold. Lady is my ultimate FAVE Disney character! Thanks for visiting - Welcome to the HUMP!!!

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Russ said…

    Thanks for mind humping, and welcome!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates