03 October 2006
Tomorrow is dental h3ll!!
So this will be me tomorrow. I have to go back to the dentist. My BP is already up just from thinking about it. Granted, it isn't stroke level yet but it's sure trying to go there. So I bet you are wondering what on earth makes me so afraid of the dentist...because a lot of people have some small fear about going.

I went to the dentist the for the very first time at the age of 15. It was one of those low income clinics because neither of my dead beat parents worked. Now, I have no issue with the fact that the clinic existed as I know it served a great need. The doctors there were wonderful. So, I'm 15 and my final baby tooth hasn't fallen out yet. But the adult tooth has grown in front of it and is pushing the baby tooth backwards and up into the top of my mouth. So they give me the novacaine shots. I was okay there. Not only did they pull the tooth (that wasn't bad) they decided to fill a couple of cavities. So they gave me more novacaine (I talked like Elmer Fudd for a week I bet). They started drilling and the dentist told me that if it hurt to raise my hand and he would stop and give me more medication or what have you to make it better. It hurt...BAD. I raised my hand. That jerk yelled at me, "It does NOT hurt! You're just being a baby!" It was at that point that I slugged him. They had to bring in another dentist.

I didn't go back again until I was 19 and pregnant with DS1. I had a really bad cavity. This dentist was worse than the first (if you can believe it). He put the needle so far into my jaw that he CRACKED my jaw. I couldn't open my mouth for six weeks. Not the best thing to happen when you are pregnant.

I didn't go back until I started having trouble with this tooth. I went to see a dentist in AR. He was wonderful. He gave me lots of happy gas, listened when I said it hurt, and didn't complain even once when I puked on him from the stress of having a root canal.

A year later, I have to have another root canal on the same tooth (sorry but I don't have $500 for a crown). I asked them to just pull it and put in a spacer. Oh no, they must try to save the tooth. He was decent too.

Then I had my wisdom teeth extracted in March. Now I have this ratty little abscess under the root canal tooth. I took a week's worth of antibiotic and I told the dentist I want the stupid thing GONE. He said he'll have to look to see if he can pull it without breaking it. I told him I do NOT want another root canal.

Okay, I'm going to bed now. I am really stressing myself out.
posted by -atomik kitten @ 8:33 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    My little guy is scared of the dentist too. His first time at the dentist they had to pull two of his front teeth that he knocked loose at the day care when he fell and hit his mouth on a chair. So he's gone now for the last year and a half and still thinks he's going to have teeth pulled. I don't think he will ever get over that first experience. He cries everytime he goes. I'm just glad they are very patient with him. Very good. If you ever feel the urge to go to Edmond for a dentist, I'd recommend them. They always give him money and free mcdonald's. I even got a gas card the last time I went. I'm sure they bill the insurance for all of the stuff they give me, but I'm not going to complain. LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates