16 July 2007
8th Things - College Edition
There are a few rules:
- Each player must post these rules first.
- Each player starts with eight random facts relating to college.
- Tagged people post their eight things and these rules.
- End your post by ‘tagging’ eight new people to play.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog for these instructions.

Tagged by Becki...and if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged!

1. I am currently pursuing my BS in Paralegal Studies at Kaplan University. My GPA is 3.89.

2. I am considering a change in universities. I want to change my major to Psychology, but Kaplan doesn't offer it.

3. For obvious reasons (well, at least obvious to me) I am not a traditional college student. I started in January 2006 and I am slated to finish in the summer of 08.

4. In high school, I had (key word) a 4 year scholarship offered to me from three universities: University of Tulsa (Petroleum Engineering), University of Oklahoma (Chemistry and ROTC), and Vanderbilt. Like an idiot, I dropped out of high school and got my GED.

5. I can work better under pressure. I wrote my social problems final paper in about two hours.

6. I'm so bad...I am in class right now (online) and watching Hell's Kitchen!

7. I know that I am enjoying my higher education experience more now than I would have ten years ago. I am more prepared for it.

8. I will be the first person on both sides of my biological parents to get a GED and graduate from college!

Labels:

posted by -atomik kitten @ 8:42 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger The Insane Writer said…

    I have my H.S. Diploma, but I never really went to college. I did the modeling thing several years after H.S. and actually went to school for it, but that's the only diploma outside of H.S. that I have. Modeling doesn't do me any good here in a small town.lol

    I have been considering taking a few classes at our local college. I probably will once things die down here.

    By the way, I thought it was my laptop at first, but since this has happened more than once and with your blog only.... Something on your blog is making your blog take a while to load, I think. It's about a 3 minute wait for me to get your page to load. :(

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Yeah, I think I know what it is.. I'll try to fix it in the next day or two.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    3.89 - Smarty Pants! LOL!! Seriously, that is really great!

    Psychology, huh? Well...when you get your major changed and are ready for your first case study you can analyze me - I'm all kinds of weird! ;)

    I think it is so neat that you will be the first in the family to get a GED and graduate college -it's huge!

    I was the first in my family to get a Bachelor's - my Dad beat us to any degree with his Associates...oh, my Dad - he dropped out of HS, got his GED...Went BACK to HS, got his diploma! Then through the Air Force went to college for his Associates...

    My Sister-in-Law NEVER graduated HS, NEVER got her GED and now holds a B.A. and is working on her Masters - go figure!!!! The University never verified her education since she receieved an Associates from community college and the one time it was questioned she told the counselor the truth and he LAUGHED at her and said they would have never accepted her if it was true! She was like, "Well, ya did" and it never got brought up again - isn't that a hoot!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates