03 January 2007
My not so humble opinion on a nit wit...
Yeah, Pat Robertson is a nit wit. Loser Someone in a Yahoo group asked what our thoughts are on the whole Pat Robertson got a message from God that we'll be hit by the end of the year "I'm not saying nuclear"... Here's my unabridged (and maybe then some) thoughts.

For the most part, I don't pay this guy no nevermind. I'll admit, I used to watch it in the middle of the night back when Monkey Butt's asthma was really, really bad and we lived on the Air Force base. He just got more and more ridiculous and I'm sorry, people's lives don't change for giving the 700 Club their life's savings. People's lives change when they dray close to God. Now hey, if you feel led to donate to the ministry - go for it. Just make sure it is a legit ministry or donate to your local church or something.

So, let's talk about his statement and why he's an idiot. Let's poke holes in it and then I'll give you my predictions. Poking

1. He's talking in such a wide generalization.

2. We haven't been hit in five years. There was about 11 years or so between our bombing here in Oklahoma (done by a citizen) and the bombing there in NY...and let's not forget the first attempted bombing of the WTC. So, as we can see there are different lengths of time in between each different attack. At any time we could be attacked. So, he's overly broad by stating that it will happen by the end of 2007. Anything can happen within the next 11 months. If another hurricane tears through, will that somehow get blamed on the terrorists (like the levees breaking) - what about the house that just blew up here in Oklahoma because of a gas leak? He'll be screaming attack at anything that even minutely resembles it.

3. This is the same idiot that said that Arial Sharon had a brain hemmorhage because of divine punishment. Now, don't misunderstand my point here - I am not saying God won't punish us for disobedience. However, I do doubt God sending a hemmoraghic stroke to teach someone a lesson by it killing them. Because, really, what will the person learn that they can use in life? When God chastises, we learn a lesson and try to complete the trial again. Maybe he would send a stroke to paralyze someone temporarily. God uses sickness to draw people closer. Consider Job. Consider the depression that Elijah suffered. Maybe - then maybe that person will pull closer to God (like Joni Erickson-Tada). Of course, let's not discount the fact that he later apologized for making such a statement.

4. He also said not long ago (maybe a year or so) that we are Israel's best friend and strongest defender (something to that level, anyway) and now we are causing them to commit "national suicide"? Now, I know relationships can change quickly and I know that we aren't exactly the most upstanding, moral nation...but I have a hard time thinking that we are now, as a nation, against God's chosen people.

5. While I certainly know and believe God talks to us (hey - He even talked to Jonah and gave him a second chance), I don't believe God gives us generalizations. Jonah didn't say, "Repent within the next year because a terrorist activity might happen or God might strike you." He said, "Repent or God WILL strike you." I don't know about you, but it is starting to sound like Robertson wants us to get hit. By the way, if you've never seen Jonah: A Veggie Tale Movie..watch it. It's a great show! The Bible doesn't say, "Sometimes the wages of sin is death." It says, "The wages of sin is death." The only way to get around that is through Jesus. Again, that's not a generalization - that's a straight forward solution to the world's problem.

Ready for my predictions? I'm sure you'll enjoy them. I stole this idea in part from Mix...but decided to go on with it once Robertson opened his big, fat mouth.

1. Oklahoma will have a major thunderstorm that destroys some buildings (oh that's a real shocker there, isn't it?).

2. It will be hot and muggy in Louisiana this summer.

3. Someone famous will die.

4. Something fairly insignificant will happen that Robertson will try to blame on the terrorists (maybe the UFO sighting out in Chicago?).

5. Robertson will be eating his humble pie with a side of crow next January.

Clever

I've decided to do something a little different this year...it isn't a resolution. I'll tell you about it later!
posted by -atomik kitten @ 9:00 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    I just heard about this last night, on Inside Edition of all places. (I couldn't sleep)

    I hate to say it, but me thinks the man doth enjoy and abuse his position of power. What is it about tele-evangelists that makes them eventually self centered and arrogant? Oh yeah, pride in appearance and ratings, and greed. I also agree that his "predictions" are very general.

    Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian, and I know I hear God's voice.... But my mother "hears God's voice" too, and she beat the crap out of us as kids, because God told her to, or we would go to hell.

    I'm sorry, I love the message that Joyce Myers puts out, but I don't believe that God is going to be too understanding about why she decided to have plastic surgery instead feeding/clothing/housing people, somewhere. I don't agree (as a fellow Christian said to me months ago) that it's justified because she is on TV, she needs to look good. Nope, people will watch for the message, not the beauty tips. Just my opinion.

    Dern, now I have to go pray about being judgmental! LOL!

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    There is a HUGE difference between being judgmental and making a good decision. Does the Bible not say that false prophets will come and people will flock to them?

    Wow - we must have the same mom. Both my parents taught Sunday School, worked the church bus ministry for a local baptist church, did narcotic drugs, drank, and beat me!

    I'm not crazy about Joyce Meyers. I have my reasons...

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    I don't really watch her because my mom loves her... LOL! Take that, mother! Maybe we did have the same mom, it's possible... Mine has multiple personality disorder, OCD and is bipolar. :( Seriously.

    Sounds like we would have been better off raised by wolves. A lot of people have told me that they are surprised that I am a Christian at all. (though sometimes I have not been a very good one) Have you ever been told that?

    What you said about being judgmental makes sense to me. Than ks for that.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Mine has schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression not otherwise specified. My dad was a certified narcissist (I know I spelled that wrong LOL). I have borderline personality disorder - but compared to some people I've met that have it, I'm pretty darn normal. LOL

    I only made it back to Jesus in 2001. I was raised a baptist (but ran from it when it stopped making sense that you could drink, do drugs, beat your kid, and teach sunday school). Sure, I know most baptists don't do that. I got into the occult for several years. Now I am a Holy Ghost filled member of the United Pentecostal Church. LOL

    Most of em' will tell you they think I'm too liberal because I kind of like the concept of forgiveness and how the Bible says that Jesus came not to condemn the world but to save it. That is The Great Commission.

    I'll post this as a comment at your blog, too, so that I am sure that you see it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates