29 December 2006
How...disappointing
Okay, so don't make fun of me (too harshly) when you read this. Blushing 5 About a year and a half ago (roughly), I bought a "custom letter kit". It was something I thought about doing before (but writing my own letters) but I had the dreaded writer's block.

Now, I paid $20 for these documents because they were "on sale". Her regular price (note how I will not name names because I don't want to embarass the poor woman) is $35. I received birthday letters, anniversary letters, wedding letters, Santa letters, etc. I was thinking how great it was because I could just customize them (she has a disclaimer saying you (a) cannot modify them and (b) you cannot re-sell the kit...at least I think she had (a). This was 18 mos. ago). Well, I ended up not really even looking at them until today. I'll admit, I had seen the Santa letters. They were okay and I used them for my sons.

So, since I have my lap top at work I decided to look at them. I dunno...maybe I'm being harsh or maybe I'm right (I'll bet on the second option) but the letters are horrible. Contract A lot of them are poems - and while I know that you don't have to keep the same rhythm through out, when it comes to things like anniversary, wedding, birth, etc. it helps.

Like I said, maybe I'm just being harsh but I doubt it. My eight year old son writes better poetry. Nevertheless, I am looking them over and I will either (a) use them for inspiration or (b) not use them at all unless I do some heavy editing. I'll admit that my English isn't perfect - but I'm not selling my drivel either.

If only I could sell that drivel. I went around different message boards today reading about people that supposedly sell these things for a living. Most don't do nearly as well as they would like or as the creator would lead you to believe and those that have websites...I am not sure what they do but I don't think many are interested in a $7.00 letter from the Tooth Fairy.

So...what do I do with these stupid things? I mean, I know it is my own fault but it's my blog and I can whine if I want to.
posted by -atomik kitten @ 11:59 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Keep 'em! So that someday when you die, your kids can find it and read what a nutter you were. They'll love it. =O)

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    They already know their mother is a nut job. They know I am certifiable (certified in Texas!!). I don't think they need any more proof. BTW - I was accused of doing something very bad that I did NOT do. I can't go into it here because you never know who is reading...all though I should because if the person reads this they will know what I am talking about... I'll email you.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates