04 January 2007
Don't ask why it was shown on television...
That's an easy answer. Saddam's hanging was shown in his country as a means to convince the public that Saddam was put to death. Otherwise the people of Iraq and a lot of people in America would be thinking and/or saying that Saddam wasn't really dead.

I'll admit it. I watched the video. Call me what you want. Let me tell you something, though, I did not let my children see it. Matter of fact, The Cop Magnet and I watched it on the lap top with the sound off while the children played in their room with the door shut. Why? Because children don't need to see that kind of thing.

Why? Because when they do, stupid things like this happen. So don't ask why the hanging was shown on television - it wasn't shown here but the video was easily obtainable over the Internet (aren't they always?). Ask what the hell the adult in charge was thinking to allow an 11 year old to watch it.

I'm pretty steamed over this. Of course, this won't be blamed on the uncle. This will be blamed on our government for any of the following reasons:

We handed him over;
It supposedly happened at a US base 'over there';
The video shouldn't have made it to the 'net;

Basically any reason that will absolve this guy from personal responsibility. I hope and pray to God, the God that loves children and said to let the little children come unto Him for such is the kingdom of heaven...that this guy is charged with manslaughter or something that gets him some serious jail time.

Sure, call me judgmental...tell me I'm not a Christian. Go ahead because it doesn't bother me. You can think what you want - any of you. Just remember that because of that moron, a mother lost her son...her 11 year old baby boy. The uncle should pay.
posted by -atomik kitten @ 1:29 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Sparky Duck said…

    The uncle should pay just because he was stupid enough to admit that he showed the kid the movie in the first place.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    That is so sad. This is the reason why we don't watch any tv while the kids are awake, and we tape what we want to watch. We don't watch anything gory anyway. the TV is on PBS or kids shows, and my 5 yr old likes to watch the food network with me sometimes. It's so sad the amount of violence kids see now a'days. Horrible. We are so desensitized as a society.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates