12 January 2007
Almost came to throwing punches....
Today's ice storm was nothing else than a joke. Now, tomorrow is probably a different story once the ice has a chance to sit on the road...and with no one out driving on it. My grocery getter made it around just fine. I did between 30 and 45 all the way from OKC. I slid once and as soon as I let off the gas the car went right back into control.

Anyhoo, when I got back here into Noble I remembered that I needed to stop and get cat litter. First, Super C was packed. It was quite difficult to find a parking place. Second, there was one tub (27 pounds) of cat litter left. Good thing I am small and quick - I got some looks. Tired as I was, I wouldn't have ruled out smacking someone. Now, at this store - the bag boys fall all over you to carry your stuff. I mean, you have to beat these kids off with a stick. There's been once where one literally took my groceries from me and insist that he carry them. I told him he had ten seconds to put the bags down. It is one thing to ask, it is another thing to patronize an adult (which is what he did). Today, they wouldn't go near the door. LOL I was kind of glad.

We are all home and unscathed from this "storm of the century". Frankly, I think the storm back in November was much worse...of course it aint over yet.
posted by -atomik kitten @ 7:14 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said…

    My car is terrible on the ice and I had no problems on Friday and yesterday wasn't bad either though DH ran the errands instead of me. We were out of cat litter too-not for the driveway but for the actual cats. He found some. I didn't ask where or how much $$-but I agree that this storm has not been the 'storm of the century' so far. We'll see what happens today.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates