02 June 2007
Forget Rescue Heroes!
When we're in a jam we call the Redneck Heroes!!

A big tree fell Thursday night around nine and got caught in some other trees. It was either going to hit our neighbor across the way's house or our cars. Either way, that sucker had to GO! So The Cop Magnet, neighbor 1, neighbor 2, and some guy we don't know went after it with a chain saw, big chain, and two big trucks. Three hours and screwed up yard later (not all of my yard because most of it is fenced - just the part next to the creek) the tree was down in the middle of the road. We used trash cans to block it off. Me and the other WT moms wanted to just leave it there. It keeps the teenagers from speeding through. We wanted to leave it and make our little area of the trailer park a dead end.

The owner wasn't having it. She said she was going to call the city and have them come and remove the tree - which elicited a hearty laugh from me....because we all know that city officials won't do CRAP on private property. Sure enough, I was right (imagine that).

More rain, hail, and snotty noses later I am still sick and The Cop Magnet called and yelled at the doctor today. Then me and the boys went out and caught a tadpole. Actually, I went in the water for it. I couldn't have them ruining their shoes. So we now have a baby frog to raise. I sternly informed them that when it gets lungs it gets OUT of my house.

We are leaving for Nebraska tomorrow to take The Little Miss home so if yall don't hear from me for a while you will know why.

I'll post a picture of the tree later.

Labels: ,

posted by -atomik kitten @ 12:41 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Wow, some crazy weather. We're in the middle of a Tropical Storm/Depression now. It's cool, we really, really need the rain.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said…

    We have a tree down in our backyard from the same storm. You know you live in redneck country when you happen to glance in your backyard and see a random little old man out there sawing on it. He ran for it when he saw me looking and I wanted to call after him begging him to stay and keep working on it since DH seems happy just to let it lay there on top of the swingset.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates