15 January 2007
Woe is me!!
Woe is me! Woe is me! Okay, so I don't have snow. I have ice. We don't get much snow here - we get ice. Yesterday was incredibly strange. We went (or rather tried to) to Taco Bueno. They were closed!! Good grief - the roads were all mushy, but still passable. I mean, this isn't like Denver or Pueblo where you have to dig your way out to your car to slap the chains on your tires.

So what you do for fun is...you take an old timey' wash bucket from your in laws', you put a light spray of Pam cooking spray on the bottom, sit it at the top of an icy hill (at a field - not near the road), stick your kid in, and give him a shove. The insane mix between shrill laughter and the look of exhiliration on his face will make you grin bigger than a puppy eating cat poop without getting caught.
Snowing

Speaking of dogs...Pup Dog is officially disgusting in my book (and that's a pretty dang big book). If there is one thing that Dumb Dog has over Pup Dog is that Dumb Dog knows that you drop something when I say "Drop it" or you just plain stay out of it. So, Friday night Bry-onicle was watching season one of Transformers and I was trying to finish reading Silence of the Lambs. Pup Dog runs and hides by the fireplace. I am thinking that he's chewing on wood. So I go to one side and Bry-onicle closes in on the other side. Pup Dog runs right to me; just chewin' away on something. I told him to drop it and opened my hand...and he did. The one time the stupid puppy listens to me he drops a big old juicy cat turd in my hand. Grumpy

Oh and one more note on the "woe is me" category...Peterson is going pro!! Giving up his last year of eligibility. I told The Cop Magnet he was going to do it. I mean, really, let's balance this out - a Heisman Trophy or a few milling bucks in the bank? Gee, what would you choose?

So while I will remain a true...crimson Sooner fan until the Jesus calls me home, I think that we are at least two years away from a championship...because now we have to break in new players.
posted by -atomik kitten @ 2:04 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Marie said…

    We're icy here in western New York too!!

    Hey to another practical lady!

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We have ice and snow in Illinois. Not every much snow though thank goodness. Ice scares me more than snow. On Saturday and Sunday I think my windshield must have had 3 inches which I had to scrape off before driving. I hate cold weather since I am originally from Florida. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Not a single snowflace or ice here, except what is in my freezer. Birds are outside chirping, spring has sprung and it's insane! We skipped winter entirely.

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said…

    No ice - just snow...and cold...sigh...

    Dogs...yep they can be dis-gus-ting! But you gotta love them..hehe

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates