31 January 2007
The attack of dental h3LL
Yes, that's right...I speak in 3l173 speak (and if you can't read that - GOOD FOR YOU...you aren't a dork) during the medicinal bliss caused by Loratab 7.5.

I think I need to borrow this guy's magic life jacket. Maybe I'll quit having so many issues (physical, not mental...I know the magic life jacket will not help the mental aspect).

So Monday I went and got Braum's for lunch. I went back to the law firm and sat out in my car to eat. Lo and behold...the abscess under tooth 30 ruptured. It was disgusting. Most of it was blood. So I called the office manager and told her that I had to try and get in to see the dentist. By the time I got back to Noble from OKC, I was completely and utterly sick. I called The Cop Magnet at work. Then I called my mother to keep me awake on the drive home. We called my dentist and they more or less said, "Welp, nothing we can do about it. Go to the doctor." I was like, "Hello....you are the dentist right? This tooth was something you told me was taken care of." So I called my doctor and he called in an antibiotic.

I was up all Monday night with a monster headache. The Cop Magnet got me a doctor's appointment for Tuesday. I was almost in tears by the time we got there because my head was hurting so badly. The doctor gave me a shot for nausea (byproduct of the migraine caused by the ruptured abscess) and sent me home with strict instructions to call if the headache doesn't go away.

So this morning when I got up, I was completely sick. My head was still hurting but I felt better than yesterday. The Cop Magnet got me an appointment with a different dentist. By the time we got there, I was in tears. I have a high pain tolerance...and I was crying. The dentist looked and said she didn't know why the other dentist hadn't pulled the tooth earlier. It is a back tooth and there is no saving it. It is cracked on BOTH sides. She was put me on nitrous (which took the headache away) and then called my doctor. My doctor decided I should pre-medicate before they pull the tooth. The dentist is a little concerned that I am hard to numb up (how many people do you know that woke up during heart surgery?).

So I was sent home with yet another doctor's note (my doctor kept me out of work yesterday and today and the dentist doesn't want me to go back until Monday). I get to go back tomorrow at noon.

The concern now is that since I have a headache because of the abscess, there is a slight chance the infection is now into my sinuses. So now I am on TWO antibiotics and one pain medication. The problem with Loratab is that while it takes the pain away, it makes me hyper. Guess I'll work on my algebra tonight.

Can I get a magic life jacket? Please? Crying 6
posted by -atomik kitten @ 7:25 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, there's an upside to everything :) Let's just hope that you don't do anything stupid while severely medicated (i.e. something that would contradict your "guidelines," or even end up being one).

    Seriously though, hope you start feeling and getting better soon :)

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said…

    OW! I am so sorry. (And also jealous of the Loretab) I hope we all feel better soon. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. If I find a magic life jacket, I'll split it with you.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    ReY - don't worry...I won't. That usually comes after waking up from anesthetic.

    Melessa - if we split the life jacket...will it still be magic?

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    I am so sorry that you mouth is giving you trouble! I hope the antibiotic works, and quickly too!

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    My mouth gives me more trouble...even when it doesn't have an infection.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates