26 October 2006
Thirteen Thoughts for a week of no sleep...
Obviously, one week would be last Thursday. So, if I sleep tonight I guess it would only be six days but we'll just cop to the fact that...I aint sleepin'.

1. It really ticks me off when people call my cell while I am on my way to work. Not just any person, mind you, as I am usually capable of being quite cordial. However, do not call my phone if I do not know you and demand to know who I am. That will be met with, "Shut up, moron, you called my phone. Who the **** are YOU?" That is usually followed by a dial tone from the other person.

2. I really am a peace loving person. But if you push me to far, I will light your tail up. I don't care who you are when I've not slept.

3. Fat chicks should not wear pants that give them muffin tops with a tank top and no bra when it is 50 degrees outside and windy. I don't want to see your nipples or your flab and, frankly, no one else does either. Take your redneck tail home and put on some clothes.

4. The Lupus fog is worse when I don't sleep. I am even more forgetful (yes, it is possible). Today I forgot that it was Thursday which means yesterday was Wednesday which means I forgot my Mind Hump.

5. DS3 is turning six on Saturday. He wants to learn to play the guitar. Tonight I must go to Sprawl-Mart and order his cake. That's where I will buy his guitar at too. The little acoustic cheap ones are like $40. I want to make sure he really wants to do it.

6. The kids want to see Flushed Away (or something like that). It is some animated movie about a mouse that gets flushed. He's a rich mouse. I could have sworn that this movie actually came out several years back because a mouse that looks like a mix between Elvis and the John Travolta from Grease lives in his mansion.

7. I am so tired that my head is just throbbing. I am just waiting for it to explode.

8. My BIL will be here for a week. He's in the Air Force. He is just in time for DS3's birthday.

9. I am not going to church tonight. I barely made it to work without killing myself. I will stop by Sprawl-Mart, go home, go running with the kids, and go to bed. They are all on their own for dinner. There's plenty of left over spaghetti and meatballs.

10. The weatherman just said that we might have severe weather this afternoon. I hope we do.

11. I brought my lap top to work with me. When I am out of things to do, I can pretty much do what I want. I made a couple of things for APHC last night (see the links on the right and click on Apostolic Homeschooling) that I need to add to the website.

12. I am 1.10 points aways from an A in contracts.

13. I am calling my doctor to find out why the **** I cannot sleep. The Trazodone just doesn't seem to be cutting it. I got to sleep last night but couldn't stay asleep. Went to bed at 10 and was up by 11.
posted by -atomik kitten @ 8:08 AM  
18 Comments:
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Caylynn said…

    Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping. :( I hope the doctor can help you and you get some good sleep soon.

    Take care.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Andrew said…

    Gotta agree with you on the fat chicks and muffin tops thing.

    Happy TT.

    AC @ bloggedy blog

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just finished doing a three day series about sleep (Monday, Tuesday, Wed.) - it's a complicated process - that's for sure.
    I was given something to sleep but I wouldn't take it after I found out it was addicting and the body builds a tolerance; then you have to go to something else and something else after that. Seems to be trading one problem for another.
    I've come to the conclusion, after researching "sleep" that it just might be the light from the computer screen that's bothering me. So I've given it up at night.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Well, I've been on Ambien in the past. It doesn't work for me...neither does the new stuff with the beaver and Abe Lincoln in the commercial.

    I am not on the computer much at night and it isn't even in my bedroom. I am going to sleep fine...just not staying asleep so I guess deep down I must be worried about something.

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger momsmusings said…

    It sucks that you can't sleep. I hate it when I have trouble. I checked out the APHC website, it looks good and I will definately be back to check it out some more!

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yuck... I hope you get some much needed rest soon. Not being able to sleep is the worst.

    It makes everything else such a chore as well.

    Have a great Thursday of sweet dreams....

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said…

    I think I've mentioned this before, but I know of lack of sleep. And the insanity. I REALLY hope your doc can help you. Could your lupus be affecting this? Hormones (my case, I think). I thought quitting caffeine would help, but I've had this problem since I was a kid, never drank much soda or coffee until I was 30 (post birth of kids).

    I seriously hope you find help. I sleep well about twice a month. Probably why my house is such a wreck. Oh, and because I'm lazy. But very tired lazy...

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Oh.My.God. #3 almost made my tea come out of my nose. Preach it sister! Happy TT!

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Tracie Nall said…

    #3! Yes Yes Yes!! What are people thinking!?!

    Hope that the visit to the doctor results in you getting some sleep!

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    It could very well be the lupus. I don't take anything other than trazodone and naproxen (so I don't feel like I'm 128 instead of 28 in the morning).

    My house is a wreck right now. We've just been so busy it is hard to keep up.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger YellowRose said…

    Sorry you aren't sleeping! That is the pits, I know I have had that problem myself. I take Lunesta now and it works great...might be something you can talk to your doctor about.

    Happy Thursday, mine is up!

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #3 cracked me up. I'm always thinking that.

    I'm sorry you can't sleep. I'm an insomnia sufferer as well. I had trouble with Trazadone long term as well. Now Ambien doesn't always work.

    Though my mom thinks that my insomnia is really caused by my pets walking all over my bed at night and I just don't remember it. ;)

    *hugs* I hope you sleep.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    I am so sorry to hear you can't sleep! I know how that is. The sleep doc had me on the trazadone for awhile.. I would end up staying awake all night and then could barely stay away during the day.. it was terrible! Then after that I got pregnant so I have no idea what sleep is like anymore LOL

    I hope you find something that works soon!

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said…

    I hope you get some sleep soon!! My kids are sick so I can relate. And the Muffin Top one is too funny. I just found out today what that meant and my question is, I desperately try and hide that stuff. Why would someone want to show it off?

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sorry you're not sleeping!

    Happy TT!

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger CJ said…

    Yikes, no sleep sucks! I hope you get some z's in soon!!

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My sleep has been seriously messed up for quite a while - sometimes it is such a vicious cycle. I can't sleep so I get frustrated...ok sometimes down right mad...and then I'm too mad to go to sleep with only makes me madder....sigh I'm with ya on this!
    #1 makes me absolutely insane when people are so rude on the phone! The only thing worse is to answer the phone and hear some lunatic teenager smacking their gum wanting to know if I called them because my number shows up on their caller id (probably from one of my kids dialing the wrong number)...so I answer MY phone and hear the smacking and they ask..."did you call me?"
    SIIIIGGGHHH
    I need some sleep too!

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said…

    Oh dear... sorry you are having to suffer through that.

    Have you tried milk before you go to bed?

    Hey quit throwing things at me!!

    LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates