11 September 2006
Got to loves those double standards...
Have any of you ever read Animal Farm by George Orwell? It has this little sentence in it:

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Feminism makes me feel that way sometimes.

"I want to be an equal but give me that job because I'm a woman!"

So, men can't be sexist but feminists can. So much for everyone being an equal. If anyone offers me a job to fill a diversity quota instead of based upon my abilities, they can keep the job.

"I want the choice of parental status but by golly, if a man knocks me up he better pay support."

Just to be the devil's advocate since I am staunchly pro-life, why is it that women have the right to decide to be a mom but men don't have the right to decide if they want to be a dad? Oh, I know what some of the feminists are thinking...well he should have kept it in his pants! Well, you should have kept your legs shut. Adoption is a wonderful thing. Feminists don't want to be sex objects but today's "modern" woman sure can't seem to keep her clothing on. Just look at practically any video on MTV or BET. Talk about lack of respect - dressing like a whore doesn't make people respect you even if you mistakenly believe you are just showing your true colors. It makes people look upon you with disdain. Women that dress like that aren't doing themselves any favors.

"Women could and should work and raise a family. We can do it all."

Yeah, we can all multi-task very well...but you can't focus 100% attention on fifty different things at the same time. Hey, I work out of the home full time but my kids are school age. I come home an hour after they get home and their bus stop is at their nana's house. They don't go to daycare. DS3 only did half day last year for pre-k so we supplemented another half day at a reputable pre-k program here in town. I want my children to learn MY ideals - not some stranger's. Is it any wonder kids and teens are getting into the kind of trouble they are? No parental supervision.

About a year ago, I was in a Hasting's store and I made a scene. Yep, I sure did. They had these t-shirts that said, "Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them." Another great example of a double standards - men are expendable...honey, if it wasn't for men YOU wouldn't be here. Your mother wasn't asexual, you know. Can you imagine the backlash if shirts came out that said, "Girls are stupid. Throw rocks at them." The feminists would be trying to burn little boys at the stake.

Yeah, that's a pretty good pre-birthday rant, don't you think?


posted by -atomik kitten @ 8:17 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Thanks! A very dear friend of mine made the template for me. You can find her over at: http://doyouhaveissues.blogspot.com :)

    Funny how you and I are so different on so many levels yet still weird...LOL

    Happy birthday to me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates