17 August 2007
Yesterday...
Yesterday was the first day of school for the boys. I won't go into the horrific sideshowish nature that is the transportation department....because the director, also a family friend, promised me they are working on it.

That's why you get no TT. I didn't have any time to think up something...I took my lunch at 8:00 to take the boys to school and so I sat at my desk from 9:00 - 5:00. Today I get to leave at 4:30.

Today the boys are riding the bus to school and for once they are not the only children at the bus stop. I just can't believe how quickly time has gone. Now I have a fourth grader and a first grader...a fourth grader who promptly ignored me when he saw his buddy at the bus stop and that when I said, "I love you! Have a good day!" said, "Uh...yeah. Bye mom."

So now I am sitting in a very quiet tin can alone because I don't leave for work for 15 minutes. I can't take them to school because they can't be dropped off until 7:50 (Monkey Butt) and 7:40 (Bry-onicle). To ensure that I get a decent place to park I need to be up and outta here by 7:30. Nerve wracking... I don't know if I like my kids being at a bus stop without me there. Bry-onicle, being the little tattle tale that he is, will update me this evening and I will know if I should stay. The one older kid at that stop is a girl and she's a pretty good kid. She comes to our church sometimes...not the brightest crayon in the box, but very nice. I think she's in high school.

In other family related news - I go for my eye exam tomorrow. Bry-onicle had his last week and got his glasses. The frames twist. I thought that was awesome. Insurance paid everything but about $40. After my eye exam we are going to the Sam Noble Museum. It is free admission and I haven't been. The boys love it.

You know what just dawned on me? I could be reading my homework instead of blathering mindlessly... Actually - I have time to put up the dogs and grab my book. Anyone up for Quiznos? I'm starving!

Oh - yeah... I almost forgot:

Labels:

posted by -atomik kitten @ 7:11 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I'd go to Quiznos with ya...but I live too far away :(

    The boys looked great for their first day!

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    great first day pics. This is my first time to your blog. Its Great!!!

    ill go to Quiznos..you paying?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates