11 August 2007
Nervous!
And no not about my ten year reunion this afternoon.

My pastor called) to talk about one of my many ideas (I am known as the idea queen at church..don't know what to do? Ask Sis Robin - she'll think of something!!).

I don't know how many of you has heard of the new ministry that was sprung from the Ladies Ministry. It's called Today's Christian Girl. Their motto is "Today's Christian Girl...Tomorrow's Woman." Anyway, at the beginning of this year I told the pastor and his wife that we should really start something like that at church. One of our youth just had a baby, families are splintered, Paris Hilton is all over the TV.

How are these girls to know what is right and how to act if they don't have a role model? I wanted to start kind of a "girl's club" before I knew about TCG. Boys don't have to deal with nearly as much of this kind of stuff... I mean, they do deal with some of it. I have three sons, but let me tell you - they are so much easier. They don't seem to be nearly as influenced by peer pressure as girls are.


TCG is supposed to be working on some curriculum, but they don't have any yet. Right now it is pretty skeletal. Long story short - I have to be at my church tonight at 6 to give a presentation. The estimated launch date is December...so I have roughly three months to start coming up with some curriculum. Think Girl Scouts, but with an Apostolic truth.

I more or less just copied the About Us section on their website. I am very nervous. Please pray that the church sees the need (they apparently do or they wouldn't have given me a launch date). I just keep waiting for someone to say to me, "What do YOU know about raising girls? You've got sons!" Yes, I do but I was young and impressionable not too long ago. You don't see male rock stars parading around on the news channels half naked...you see female "celebrities" doing it. People (WOMEN) have to step up and take the reigns.

Labels: ,

posted by -atomik kitten @ 1:57 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:53 AM, Blogger ReY said…

    "Make Diva-ism a thing of the past!"

    I think that is a wonderful idea, and that they've put the right person on the job. Good luck and best wishes! God Bless!

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    I think you would be an excellent director of this program.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates