18 June 2007
I'm not conceited. I'm confident!

So all of my life I've been accused of being conceited. Many a joke was made about why no one in my family is conceited...because I took it all. There is a difference between conceit and confidence. Conceit is snobby and judgmental...confidence (which is often mistaken for conceit) is an air that emits from you that lets other people know that you know who you are and what you are about.

As I sat here and thought about all of that I wondered why it's so hard for people to feel confident..especially Christians. We are made in God's image and should act Christ like. Christ never once felt sorry for Himself. He never once thought He wasn't good enough. He was what He was because God made Him.

In Song of Solomon 2:1-3 the Bible says:

1 I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.

Sister Robin says:

Since we are in God's image we too are as beautiful and fragrant as the flowers.

2 Like a lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.

Sister Robin says:

No matter how we treat God (or ourselves for that matter), He loves us regardless. We should love ourselves as well...matter of fact it is selfish not to love ourselves. It's like telling God that He made a mistake when He made you.

3 Like an apple tree among the trees of the woods. So is my beloved among the sons. I sat down in his shade with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

Sister Robin says:

We are all the "apples" of God's eye...if being loved by such a perfect love isn't enough to make you feel good then you need to do some praying. We can sit with God and enjoy His presence...we should feel proud that God loves us.

Knowing that God loves us should make us feel confident. After all, He made us.

Labels:

posted by -atomik kitten @ 10:25 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates