08 February 2007
Aren't we just a bunch of fun?
So Bry-onicle is doing great! He is still coughing and hacking, but his fever is completely gone.

Monkey Butt took a turn for the worse last night. I couldn't keep Motrin or Tylenol (or water for that matter) in him. Once his fever went up to 104 it was time to go to urgent care. Because he's six, all he could tell them was that his tummy hurt "everywhere". They sent me with him over to the ER because of the potential that it could be appendicitis...of course they didn't rule out just a really bad case of the stomach flu. They just didn't have the equipment to deal with it.

It took six people (including Nana Beachy and myself) to hold Monkey Butt down to start an IV. Yes he was that dehydrated. They gave him a little nausea medicine through the IV and then sent him for a CAT scan. Because he couldn't hold anything down, guess how they had to insert the dye? Yep, through the back end. The good news is that we had a very good tech. He used a foley and Monkey Butt actually did very well.

He fell asleep during the CAT scan. About two hours later we got the results. There was nothing abnormal (praise God). It is just a very bad case of the stomach flu.

He is still running a fever (about 100 but that is better than 104). I went to sleep finally about 4 this morning (fighting a migraine from no sleep the night before) and got up at seven when Pup Dog peed on my bed.

Both boys are taking a rest right now. I'm too tired to participate in TT. LOL

Labels:

posted by -atomik kitten @ 2:28 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Christie O. said…

    Oh my!!!!! What an ordeal! Well I'm glad he's feeling a little better, get some sleep! You have to rest up for next week's tt! (kidding) :) feel better, everyone!

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yikes! Something always seems to be up with the kids. Glad to know they're better now, though here's to hoping that you have less of this sort of luck in the future (makes me grateful that I ain't raisin kids o' my own just yet).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates