07 November 2006
Perform my civic duty? You betcha!
Why? Because otherwise, I have no right to gripe and moan. If you didn't vote, then you won't have that right for the next two years either. Yes, I am one of those people that ask you if you voted when I hear you griping.

It's just terribly sad that people in newly democratic countries will stand in line for hours upon hours and yet...here we are - we won't wait 15 minutes and we won't look at the issues because we don't think the politicians are "talking to us". The younger generation, college kids, think the politicians are only gunning for the baby boomers. The baby boomers think most politicians are gunning for my generation - generation X. Generation Y and, soon enough, Generation Millenia will be up and raising families of their own. Here's a thought - figure out what the issues are for your area and research the candidates. Then, regardless of who you feel the politician is talking to, go and vote!

When blogger quits being a pain in my butt, I'll post a picture of what everyone needs on election day...besides a stiff drink.
posted by -atomik kitten @ 8:25 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates