07 October 2007
The devil masquarades as a car salesman
So...by Tuesday I will know for sure if I am done with the car shopping fiasco.

We went to a Hyundai dealership to look around and I test 08 Elantra that was right off the truck. It is the same size as a Honda Accord. It was blue. Speaking of Honda, The Cop Magnet's Civic might have a seized engine.... So even if we just bought one car we are back to square one since the Camaro is really not going to do well doing an 8o mile round trip every day.

By the time we left (four hours later) we are getting the Elantra and an Accent (07 - with the sports package of course). We were told to pick the Accent up yesterday. We were up there at 8:30 and we were told that it wouldn't be ready until 10. We drove 50 miles at this point, so we just went to BK and had breakfast and let the kids play in the play place. We go back and we are told that the dealership is just waiting for the bank to open...I knew right there that it was a lie. The bank they are using isn't open on Saturdays. They said they would call us before the OU / TX game. Of course - they don't.

We called every hour and finally told them we wanted to know something by 6. They don't call so The Cop Magnet calls them back. He talks to someone that claimed to be the GM and was told that they never approved the second car and that now we are stuck with just the one. The Cop Magnet told him that our signed contract says and that they will either fulfill it or they can take back the Elantra and we would sue for breach. All of a sudden - they now want us to come back to the city (in the rain) and talk about it.

The sales guy was waiting and said that everything would be straightened out on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday and the bank will be closed. He said that he would drive to Norman to have me sign the papers and then that he would drive to OKC to have The Cop Magnet sign. We made them put that in writing and we made it very clear that if it doesn't happen, I will bring the car back and take my business else where. It is a matter of principle.

It is a nice car, but I will not tolerate being lied to.

Off to church!

Labels: ,

posted by -atomik kitten @ 12:32 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Dallas Meow said…

    there is no other group of people with as high an income potential and as low an education level and moral standard as car salespeople.
    .-.generally speaking.-.
    I've worked with HUNDREDS.
    I can think of five that were always honest.

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Well the ones (the two) I worked with were total liars that breached their own contract.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates