26 June 2007
The dungeon and other upper university goodies
They made me go to the dungeon today. The good news is that they didn't lock me in there - they even gave me the key to lock up when I'm done. The bad news is that the dungeon really isn't a dungeon even though there is a cage... It's really the basement where it smells like gym socks and mayonnaise. Nice, huh? The other bad news is that I had my cool boots on..my cool brown ones that lace up and have flowers on the side. They have a heel, though.

My work mate, the one I am splitting the employer alphabet with, is very much like me. Isn't that scary? She has the same devious mind and wickedly dry sense of humor. She likes CNN about as much as I do.

She and I just don't get it (and neither does The Cop Magnet)...why was there a three hour tribute on 'rasslin' for a wrestler that killed his wife and son? I get that his marble sack had apparently shriveled from the use of steroids (and apparently his brain) and that it probably damaged his brain. I just don't get why anyone would pay a tribute to the guy. Sure, if he was murdered - but not because he committed suicide (after he killed his wife and his child...and no one start with the, "But you don't know that he did it..." crap because she had at least one previous restraining order because of physical abuse.

It also tickles me to no end to watch the Communist News Network (CNN) talk about the weather in Oklahoma. Yes, it seems like we are in a monsoon. Yes I have a ton of rain and mud...but I don't have tornadoes ripping off my roof and I have local meteorologists that can pronounce the names of the towns here. Why is it national news that some idiot went on through high water...on a dam....in a neighborhood that literally has a small lake sitting in the middle of it and got stuck and had to be rescued? Isn't there better things to talk about? Is it any wonder the car was practically swept away?

Yes I know that I posted about driving the Camaro this morning in the rain and high water, but I actually drove in the inside lane because all of the water accumulated in the outside lane.

Oh, and at work I got to taste artichoke dip. I haven't formed an opinion on it. I think it might be an acquired taste. I think it is okay. It tasted like broccoli and french onion mixed together.

Labels:

posted by -atomik kitten @ 7:35 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    I take it you are not a fan of CNN. I am not a fan of television news at all. But its an odd world and they report it oddly.

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Hey, there's my buddy ole pal Dr. John. He's a trip. =O)

    Sounds like you have a great job there. Don't corrupt your co worker too bad, I know how you are. LOL.

    I don't watch wrasslin, just read about it on the news and was just at the WWE site. They posted text messages he sent to them over the weekend before he died and that they didn't realize the details of what happened when they ran the tribute last night.

    Today Ed McMahon said they were pulling all tributes off air and on site and won't mention his name anymore.

    Guess he's pissed, that whole assasination attempt stuff didn't play out the way he wanted.

    Gosh, maybe I miss wrassling?

    Nah.

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Don't worry, Mix. I'll play nice (for now, at least). The way I heard the story was that WWE did know what happened and aired the tribute anyway because the authorities had yet to confirm what everyone knew was true.

    So they released the texts? I might have to go a huntin' after them tomorrow.

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger David said…

    "Communist News Network" I like that! I may just use it :)

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger -atomik kitten said…

    Knock yourself out using it. We used to call it the Clinton News Network. LOL I like Communist better. :) I think it fits.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    'bout the artichoke dip....I think it is an aquired taste. It took me 2 or 3 tries before I wouldn't sigh before eating it ;)
    We don't have cable around here, so I don't know anything about CNN...whatever you want to call it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates