07 May 2007
Well that was trying...
What a weekend we had. We went to Nebraska to visit Fatty McChuckles, Peg Leg, and The Little Miss. It's about a nine hour drive from Oklahoma.

Did I mention that we only stayed for one day?

Anyway, since my interview at OU (I got my official rejection letter for the position I applied for today) I've had some pretty intense pain in my right foot. I had surgery on it in 2002 and had a little bar put in to support one of my bones.

Friday I finally went to Urgent Care and they did x-rays. The bar is broken and it is now poking out of the bone. So of course they splinted it up, put me on crutches, and told me to follow up with an ortho. The follow up appointment isn't until May 10.

That evening while we waited on The Cop Magnet to get home, Monkey Butt went out to play and ate pavement. He ate so much pavement that his chin had a huge laceration requiring another trip to Urgent Care. Thank goodness they were able to use that skin glue instead of stitches.

We stayed ahead of the storms and made it to Nebraska around 4 Saturday morning. We got in around 9 last night. The rain followed us home (the air show was rained out).

I took the splint off today because it is raining so much. I don't need to bust my tail.. OU called today and I have an interview for a different position tomorrow. I can feel the pain in my foot already...especially wearing dress shoes.

Did I mention that I have two papers to write tonight? Well technically, one paper and one case brief. It's been quite a weekend.

Labels:

posted by -atomik kitten @ 4:43 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates