30 November 2007
What's good for the goose...
Should be good for the gander.

So the British teacher that who's class named a teddy bear Muhammad will not be whipped or killed (thank God!!), but she is sentenced to like two weeks in jail and deportation (thank God for deportation or someone would murder this poor woman).

So a bunch of Sudanese "protesters" went to some martyr's square and demanded she be executed in front of a firing squad. Wow. That's tolerant. Okay, so let me be tolerant for a moment and say what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Round up the folks belonging to this previously unheard of Society for Support of the Prophet Muhammad and shoot them all by firing squad since they named their group using the name Muhammad.

Ya know...here in America - we have "tolerance" (or at least so it is said - that's another soap box I could get on to). Also, the same laws (unless you are oh, insanely rich like Paris Hilton) apply to everyone.

How about trying that? Running the laws straight across the board. I am proud of the student that stood up for his teacher. It was not the teacher that named the bear; sure she allowed it - but is it wrong for children to associate something they love with a god or prophet they love?

It is said that children often view God by looking at their parents...can you imagine how most of those students and children in Sudan view their god? Vengeful, angry, and out to get them for any little thing.

Rant out.

Labels: ,

posted by -atomik kitten @ 7:45 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Sometimes they make it really hard to love them.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates