22 May 2007
Time Travel Tuesday
For time travel Tuesday we are going back to our first blog post, posting it again, and telling about how we got started blogging...

I guess I'll just talk about when I first started blogging here. I started here at blogger on September 2, 2006. I was with blog-city, but they were screwing around with some of their features and then the admin sent out an email saying they were changing to a paid service. Who in the world PAYS to blog?! Well, obviously if you post your blog on your own domain you do, but not for a service that just sets up a sub.

I am not really sure why I started blogging...probably peer pressure - everyone else was doing it. LOL

Anyway, here's my first post:

Peer pressure made me do it... So I finally decided to make the switch away from Blog-City (I was under a different name). While I am some what web savvy, Blog-City was too difficult to manage and the thought of themes scared me. I might even have nightmares. So, here I am. I found a template I was going to use but, again, I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures to work. I started uploading the graphics to my Yahoo photos but two of them refused to upload. So now, I'm stuck with this lame template. I am not looking for anything too wild. I just want something that screams, "ME!!" Is that too much to ask? So I am trying desperately to enlist the help of my dear friend to make me something and upload it all for me.

Now here's my first real post that doesn't talk about switching. It was posted on September 3 2006.

Say hello to my little friend... Forget EOE... I am an EOMM (Equal Opportunity Mean Mom). All three boys seemed to need some meanness from me yesterday. DS1 couldn't seem to keep his little hands to himself which resulted in me returning the favor. DS3 decided that he could use curse words which resulted in him tasting my new dish soap. Apparently orange dish soap doesn't taste nearly as good as it smells. DS2 thought the bunk beds made one HECK of a jungle gym. I love the boy dearly. He is my step-son so I can't exactly discipline him (his father doesn't care but his mother gets bent out of shape if someone makes the boy listen or shows her that yes he can listen). I asked him three times to stop jumping from the top bunk....to no avail. However, once it started interfering (the noise) with the OU / Alabama game, DH got a hold of that really quick.

This morning, DS3 cleaned his bathroom. He loves doing it and who am I to keep a childhood favorite all to myself? I didn't have any trouble with DS1 until just a bit ago when he got out the dominoes and then got mad and started hollering at DS3. DS2, you ask? Oh, he is banished to sitting on the couch doing nothing...the same kid that came and tattled on DS3 yesterday for using a cuss word, did it at the breakfast table. Gee, wonder where DS3 got it from.

I let the whole "boys will be boys" thing go on a good deal of the time. Boys are rambunctious, loud, and...well, my world. But I will ensure good behavior. Why? Because I am an EOMM.

Labels:

posted by -atomik kitten @ 7:30 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Joyful Days said…

    Boys do offer their own brand of creativity don't they??

    Have a great day!

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Annie said…

    It's a hard choice with all the blogging options out there. I like blogger. I'm glad you have landed here too!
    Thanks for sharing your beginnings~

    Annie

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said…

    Sure wish my son OR daughter liked cleaning their bathroom or better yet their BEDROOM!

    Enjoyed reading your blog posts.

    Linda

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger KC said…

    LOL I like that EOMM :P
    My 7 year old and 5 year get into fights over cleaning the bathroom.. Now one would think they are saying, You do it no you do it.. but NOOOOOOO.. They both love cleaning the bathroom so I have them do it together, the fight come into play because they both want to wash the toilet and they fight over whoes turn it is to do it.. I have some weird kids LOL.
    Great post.. Glad you found blogger also.

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    Okay, how do I get my two boys to enjoy cleaning the bathroom??? Well my 9 year old does love to mop the kitchen floor and vacuum. Guess that counts! LOL

    I've enjoyed your blog. Thanks for sharing.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates