01 March 2007
Time to get the media involved...
And this is what I sent...I am taking out my son's name to protect his privacy (and my phone numbers). I am not going to tolerate the school doing NOTHING when my child was threatened with a GUN.

My name is Robin and I am the mother of a third grader that attends school in Noble, OK. My son was threatened to be "whipped, hanged from a tree, and [used] for target practice with a gun" by a group of about eight other students. One student admitted to part of it. My husband and I went to the principal, Mrs. Stehno. At the end of the day, we were told that her "investigation" came to nothing and that while one student admitted to threatening physical violence, my son deserved it because he was talking about his favorite toy, Lego Bionicles.

Essentially, the principal said that they might revoke the child's recess. This is supposed to be, from what I was told, a no tolerance district. Yet, my son is being picked on by eight students and physically threatened. This year he was punched in the stomach in the school bathroom - the teacher he told blew him off.

Tomorrow we are to meet with the principal again as well as the superintendent, and campus police. If my son will point out the kid that threatened him with a gun, campus police may step in.

However, I think it is completely unacceptable that my child is being blamed for this. No child deserves this kind of treatment. School is supposed to be a safe place....especially in a one stop light town.

I sent this to all of our local news channels. I will NOT stand for this.

Labels:

posted by -atomik kitten @ 8:37 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said…

    You are doing the right thing. My son was roughed up on the playground last week and had he not said something to me (when I asked about the big hole ripped in his new t-shirt sleeve), I never would have known. The teachers did nothing and said nothing to me about it.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said…

    You are absolutely doing the right thing. That teacher needs to be disciplined if she is not only ignoring previous attacks but also blaming your son! Go to the news station and bring someone with you when you go for the visit - that will show that you mean business....I would consider taking a lawyer too....just for scare tactics...I am not all for a sue happy kind of culture but sometimes you have to show you mean business...but then again I am mean like that

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: The Little Woman-atomik kitten
Home: Oklahoma, United States
About Me: I guess you'll learn about me by visiting this blog.

See my complete profile

B-List Blogger

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add Snippets to your site



________________
Add this to your site

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Babe Blinkies

Blinkies
Christian Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Family Blinkies

Blinkies
Mom Blinkies

MySpace Icons

Join Associated Content

Characters


  • The Cop Magnet - my husband
  • Bry-onicle - my 9 year old son that loves Bionicle
  • Monkey Butt - my 7 year old son that loves adventure
  • Squarepants Star - my 9 year old step-son that loves Spongebob
  • Nana Beachy - my MIL
  • Big Baldy - my older brother
  • Dumb Dog - my very dumb turkish sheep dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
  • FC15 - my cat that weighs 15 pounds
  • Pup Dog - Boomer, our American Boxer
  • Unkey Monkey - my 19 y.o. brother in law
  • The Little Miss - my 3 y.o. niece
  • Fatty McChuckles - USAF BIL, father of The Little Miss
  • Peg Leg - the wife of Fatty McChuckles and mom of The Little Miss
  • Grandpa - Grandpa Joe; my husband's grandfather
Previous Post


Archives

Links

Blog Rolls

Image hosting by TinyPic

Affiliates